Tuesday, October 2, 2012

5 Minute Asian Style Omelet For Any Time of Day

Estimated cost per serving $1.50 including homemade pork sausage. So without the sausage this serving only costs $.50



Hello my Socialites! Today's dish is an easy breezy Asian Style omelet that will take less than five minutes to cook. I went back to all my previous recipe posts and included an estimated cost per serving for each recipe to remind you that it doesn't have to be expensive to eat, cook, or entertain guests. The goal of this blog is to help you find creative ways to live inexpensively without compromising your budget, your eating,  your style, and your entertainment.

The recipe below is only the omelet and the pepper sauce. I made the Asian pork sausage a month ago and froze it. I will post a recipe for the homemade sausage in a later post when I am out of the frozen ones that I stored so I can document a step by step photo recipe for you. Let me know how it goes! Enjoy!



Ingredients for Omelet

  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 or 2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
  • 1 or 2 tbsp Chopped Scallion
  • 1 Clove minced Garlic
  • Dash of Msg
  • 2 tbsp Fish Sauce
  • Dash of Black Pepper
  • 1 tbsp oil for cooking

Ingredients for Pepper Sauce
  • 3 Chopped Thai Peppers
  • Chopped Cilantro
  • Chopped Scallion
  • 3 tbsp Fish Sauce

Step by step photo recipe below
Heat frying pan in 1 tbsp oil.
Crack two eggs in bowl. Add chop garlic, cilantro, scallions, black pepper , fish sauce, and msg. Whisk well.


Add egg mixture in heated pan on med/high heat. Leave it cooking for 2 minutes.

Then flip with a spatula and let it cook for 2 minutes. Turn off stove. I heated my sausage up with the same pan that is why you notice dark marks in the middle of the omelet.

Now chop up the Thai peppers. Mix it in fish sauce, cilantro, and scallions. Set aside. Now cut up omelet to your preference. 

I eat this meal with sticky rice. I will show you how to cook sticky rice in a later post.

I will also show you how to make homemade pork sausage in a later post as well.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment